You are here
Board of Directors
NCH is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which, since its inception, has traditionally maintained a balance of consumers, health care professionals, and industry representatives. The term of directorship is three years, renewable for up to three terms.
The Call for Nominations is now open!
As you may know, this is a time of growing outreach for NCH, and we need board members with skills and experiences that can support our expanding scope. Continuing board members have a strong skill set, but we would be a stronger board with more diversity. Do you know anyone (maybe even yourself!) with any of these qualities and skills?
- Expertise with fundraising, finance, marketing, media, and/or public relations
- Successful business or nonprofit board experience outside of homeopathy
- Involvement with integrative healthcare or healthy-living consumer organizations
- Experience with public policy work
- Passion for homeopathy, not necessarily as a practitioner (home users, patients/clients, students, practitioners of other modalities, and so on)
Here are the details:
Along with their responsibility for governance, board members are expected to participate in organizational fundraising activities and personally donate to NCH each year. Board members are not compensated for their time or services but are reimbursed for reasonable travel and lodging expenses to attend board meetings. Currently the board holds two in-person meetings a year and communicates via e-mail, conference call, and phone throughout the year.
Send your recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us why you think the person would be a great board member, what their specific qualifications are, and their email address. Self-nominations are allowed. The deadline for nominations is 11:59pm ET, November 20, 2015. Anyone who is a current member of NCH is eligible for nomination. Not a member and want to be considered? No problem - join today!
The NCH Nominating Committee will contact nominees for an interview or to request additional information and will recommend a slate to the board. All NCH members will be invited to vote in early 2016.
Below you will a find a list of the current board.
- Ann Jerome, PhD, CCH, RSHom(NA)
- Edward Conway, MBA
- Loretta Butehorn, PhD, CCH
- Abby Beale, CCH
- Sharlene Goldfischer, M.Ed., CPC, ELI-MP
- Lauren Hubele, MEd
- Andrew J. Kaufmann, ND
- Joe Lillard, MPA
- Tina Quirk, RN, MS, CCH, RSHom(NA)
- Alison Teitelbaum, MS, MPH, CAE
Executive Director (ex-officio)