You are here
Bug Bites/Insect Bites
When insects bite and your body reacts with pain, discomfort, swelling, and itching, consider these remedies:
- Apis mellifica: probably the most commonly used remedy for bug bites, especially if the discomfort is stinging in nature and there is quite a bit of swelling. Usually the area is warm or hot to touch, and you will feel relief with ice or a cold application. The area may also look more like hives, with a spread of the swelling
- Ledum: for bites when cold applications bring some relief, but the affected area is generally cold (rather than warm). There may be a slight bluish tinge to the site of the bite.
- Hypericum: can be used for bites or stings that cause sharp and/or shooting pains, especially in areas rich in nerves like the fingers or toes.
- Staphysagria: when there are many mosquito bites, and the individual bite areas spread out into welts.
- Urtica urens: helpful when there are red, swollen bites that itch and sting, or when the area has become more like hives due to the bites.